Continuing with University tradition, all Commencement ceremonies will feature a Student Speaker to give a 3-5 minute address to the December Class of 2022 on December 16th. The Student Speaker application will open Monday, September 19th. Applications will close on Monday, November 7th at 11:59 PM EST.
One student speaker will be selected per ceremony. To find which ceremony you are participating in, please see here.
1. Applicant must be receiving a degree from the University of Kentucky as a December 2022 Graduate.
2. Applicant must have contributed to the University through campus and/or community activities and/or through their chosen field of study.
3. Applicant must show evidence of demonstrated public speaking ability and be willing to present their address to the Commencement Speaker Selection Committee.
1. Resume that includes activities, work experience, and accomplishments achieved during your study at the University of Kentucky.
2. Summary of no more than three (3) typed, double-spaced pages of your proposed speech.
3. Completed online application - Documents are required to be submitted in .pdf format with the applicant's first and last name.
Please contact Maia Dubin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.