Student Speaker applications are now open!
Continuing with University tradition, all Commencement ceremonies will feature a Student Speaker to give a 3-5 minute address the class of December 2023. Only one Student Speaker will be selected per ceremony.
1. Applicant must be receiving a degree from the University of Kentucky as a December 2023 Graduate.
2. Applicant must have contributed to the University through campus and/or community activities and/or through their chosen field of study.
3. Applicant must show evidence of demonstrated public speaking ability and be willing to present their address to the Commencement Speaker Selection Committee.
1. Resume that includes activities, work experience, and accomplishments achieved during your study at the University of Kentucky.
2. Summary of no more than three (3) typed, double-spaced pages of your proposed speech.
3. Completed online application - Documents are required to be submitted in .pdf format with the applicant's first and last name.
Please contact Tyler Chapman at email@example.com if you have any further questions.