Commencement Student Speakers
Continuing with University tradition, all Commencement ceremonies will feature a Student Speaker to give a 3-5 minute address to the Class of 2021. The Student Speaker application will open on March 10th. The application will close on Friday, April 16th at 5 pm EST. Interviews will be held the week of April 26th and are flexible to be scheduled around the applicant's existing commitments.
1. Applicant must be receiving a degree from the University of Kentucky as a May 2021 Graduate.
2. Applicant must have contributed to the University through campus and/or community activities and/or through their chosen field of study.
3. Applicant must show evidence of demonstrated public speaking ability and be willing to present their address to the Commencement Speaker Selection Committee.
1. Resume that includes activities, work experience, and accomplishments achieved during your study at the University of Kentucky.
2. Summary of no more than three (3) typed, double-spaced pages of your proposed speech.
3. Completed online application - Documents are required to be submitted in .pdf format with the applicant's first and last name.
Please contact the Commencement Graduate Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.